Relationship with Stakeholders
- Accountability – ensuring that the school is accountable to the children and parents it serves, to its local community, to those who fund and maintain it, as well as the staff it employs
- Maintaining a close relationship with parents and the local community
- Caring for the welfare and well-being of staff and pupils
The Governing Body seeks to fully represent the local community and is drawn from four groups:
- Local Authority Governor (1): local people appointed by the local authority (Stockport Council)
- Parent Governors (4): elected by the parents of the pupils at the school. A Parent Governor usually has a pupil attending the school.
- Staff Governor (1): representing staff at the school and elected by their colleagues.
- Headteacher (1) Head Teacher is on our Governing Body
- Coopted Governors (6): co-opted by the Governing Body, these governors either have close links with the local community or bring with them specific skills or expertise that the Governing Body feels are required. Sometimes a Community Governor satisfies both criteria.
- Associate Members (4) – these members of the Governing Body have been appointed for their specific expertise. They do not have voting rights.
The Governing Body at Alexandra Park aims to be a cohesive and professional team who use their skills and experience to work in partnership with the staff and parents and share the commitment that Alexandra Park Primary School should provide the best possible education for its pupils. The Governing Body consists of a Teaching and Learning Committee, a Resources Committee and a Steering Group. The minutes and proceedings of the Governing Body are available for reference at the school. Members of the Governing Body are always willing to discuss school matters. They can be contacted via the School Office.