On behalf of all staff, governors and children, I would like to welcome you to Alexandra Park Primary School
At Alexandra Park we are committed to providing every child with the highest levels of education and Care. Children only get one childhood and it is our responsibility to ensure that the years spent at our school are ones that ensure they are happy and successful as children, whilst providing them with the skills, knowledge and attitude to achieve in their future lives.
Everyone has a different reason for being passionate about education and Care. For me, I passionately believe that the best possible education can change a child’s life, and every day I have the opportunity to ensure over 420 children are supported and encouraged to be the best versions of themselves. I love my job and will do everything I can to ensure that every aspect of this school is the best it can possibly be for every child. It is a privilege to be a headteacher, and an even greater privilege to be the headteacher of Alexandra Park. The school is very fortunate to be part of such a strong and supportive community where the parents and staff are absolutely committed to our goal of ensuring every child, Cares, Aspires and Achieves.
With our values driving our actions, we aim to eliminate any circumstances that may be a barrier to learning, progress or the happiness of any child. We hold the highest expectations and work to support each child to achieve success, not only academically, but socially, morally, spiritually and culturally. We know that high aspirations lead to high standards and this is our vision for each and every child. It is our hope that by giving our children the very best start in life, it will put them on a solid trajectory for their future. I believe this to be not just a matter of importance, but one of social justice. Whilst our children are extremely successful academically, it is equally important to us that they are kind and caring people who will go on to be successful in their own lives and enhance the lives of others and the world we all live in.
The only way to ensure our incredibly high expectations for the children are met is to ensure every lesson and every interaction they have with every member of staff is of the highest possible standard. My commitment to the children is matched by my commitment to my colleagues. I have been very fortunate throughout my career to have benefited from extremely high-quality professional development opportunities that have inspired me and given me the knowledge and skills to do my job to the best of my ability. I am determined to create these same opportunities for my colleagues, and the opportunities resulting from being an EEF Research School and our work with the NCETM are vital to this goal. I am very proud of how motivated and talented all of our team are.
I am excited that this is a continuous journey and one where I know we can always do more and achieve more. I am very fortunate to have the team, community, parents and children who are all as equally committed to this goal as I am.
If for any reason you would like to know more about our school, you would be welcome to come and visit. I guarantee the thing that will stand out will not be anything I will say, but our children themselves. They are amazing! They have fantastic learning attitudes but more than this, they are caring, respectful and polite.
Welcome to Our School
OFSTED February 2019
"The school has a very clearly articulated vision, based on the three principles of ‘Care, Aspire, Achieve’. Everything that is done in the school stems from, and relates back to, these values. The focus on care provides a firm foundation for the warm, nurturing atmosphere in the school, where leaders show concern, not only for the welfare of pupils but also that of the staff. Aspiration is reflected in the consistently high expectations that staff have of pupils, as well as in the ambitions of the pupils themselves. Through frequent exposure to highly successful people in society, the pupils are determined to go far in their own lives, regardless of their backgrounds. Achievement is a central element in the school and this leads to the impressive rates of progress that pupils of all abilities make during their time at the school."
CARE, ASPIRE, ACHIEVE: OUR SHARED VISION
We are committed to delivering a curriculum which enables all our children to become confident and ambitious, lifelong learners. We aim to develop our children’s skills and knowledge as well as encouraging curiosity, aspiration and a love of learning that will continue into adulthood.
We are continually developing a more innovative and personalised approach to the curriculum with a focus on our children caring, aspiring and achieving. We are committed to achieving this vision by:
- Working as a high performing team, being reflective practitioners and taking on feedback to enhance their practice
- Using a positive mind-set to engage proactively and enthusiastically with change
- Ensuring that all the decisions made in school work towards our shared vision and mission statement
- Personalising the learning for the children and teaching transferrable skills
- By supporting and developing the staff through high quality professional development
- Engaging with the wider world more meaningfully and taking a ‘wider’, more holistic approach to curriculum provision
- Listening to the views of all stakeholders and ensuring quality communication between all stakeholders
Alexandra Park Primary School provides the opportunity for our children and our families to care and to be cared for by:
- Providing a welcoming, safe, happy school where everyone is respected and listened to.
- Providing a curriculum that develops every child’s ability to care, respect and understand themselves, others and the world in which they live. A curriculum that also ensures that every child feels valued and cared for.
- Providing a curriculum where children are encouraged to develop mutual respect and tolerance for each other and the community and where diversity is celebrated.
- Providing opportunities through the curriculum, through the school council, ecoteam and playground pals for children to become active citizens that care for each other and the environment.
- To provide the best education for our pupils through effective partnerships with parents, including effective pastoral support for our families.
Alexandra Park Primary School encourages everyone to aspire by:
- Developing their love of learning, inspired by high quality teaching and thoughtful planning that is purposeful, collaborative and that motivates our children.
- Providing a range of opportunities, designed to develop every child’s sense of what is possible for them to achieve now and in their future lives.
- Providing opportunities and inspirational experiences so that children’s talents in many areas can be identified and developed.
- Being proud of our local community and promoting links and networks to both local and international community, including links to local businesses, primary and secondary schools and local universities.
- Striving to be a centre for truly excellent educators, where the staff are committed to their own learning journey and the sharing of quality practice.
- Providing parents with learning opportunities to enable them to support their children’s learning and to extend their own learning.
Alexandra Park Primary enables everyone to achieve and be proud of their achievements by:
- Providing a curriculum that ensures all children have the skills, knowledge and crucially, the attitude to achieve in all aspects of their lives.
- Providing a school where we take pride in ourselves and our achievements, enabling children to become confident and successful learners.
- Having high expectations for every child and member of staff at Alexandra Park, so that all are encouraged to do their best and that strengths and talents in both children and staff are fostered and celebrated.
- Ensuring that our curriculum provides opportunity for our children to become confident, resilient and independent learners.
- Using information from a variety of assessments to ensure that teaching and learning is personalised to meet children’s needs so that all children make at least good progress from their starting points.