We are children who will listen to your problems and help you restore friendships if you have a falling out. We will also be outstanding role models around school.
We will help you by
- Listening to you
- Helping you to find a solution to a problem
- Helping you understand how to be a kind friend.
We have learned how to use restorative questions to:
- talk about conflict calmly
- listen to each person’s point of view
- recognise the emotions felt during the conflict
- help everyone involved decide on a way to repair any harm caused
These questions are:
- What happened
- What were you thinking when it happened?
- How are you now?
- What do you need to feel better?
- What needs to happen to put things right?
We will be on the playgrounds during lunchtimes to help anyone who seems lonely, sad or who is having a friendship difficulty.
How will you recognise us?
- We will be on the KS1 and KS2 playground during lunchtimes.
- We will be wearing yellow t-shirts and orange badges so that we are easy to spot! When it is cold, we will wear fluorescent vests.
- We will work in pairs and there will be different children on duty each day.
- Our photos will be displayed around the school so that you can find us if you want to talk to us.
What we will do……….
- If we notice anyone who looks sad or lonely we will ask if we can help them.
- If anyone has a problem which has made them feel angry or upset, we will go to the restorative area to talk to the people involved and have a restorative chat to resolve the situation.