We want our children to Care, Aspire and Achieve. We are committed to delivering a curriculum, which enables all our children to become confident and ambitious, lifelong learners. We aim to develop our children’s skills and knowledge as well as encouraging curiosity, aspiration and a love of learning that will continue into adulthood. By raising awareness of all strands of diversity, we are preparing our young people to become good global citizens and to appreciate the diverse society in which they live.
At Alexandra Park Primary School, we promote equality and diversity by:
• Treating all staff and students fairly
• Creating an inclusive culture for all staff and students
• Ensuring equal access to opportunities to enable students to fully participate in the learning process
• Enabling all staff and students to develop to their full potential
• Equipping staff and students with the skills to challenge inequality and discrimination in their work/study environment
• Making certain that any learning materials do not discriminate against any individuals or groups
• Ensuring policies, procedures and processes do not discriminate
Our curriculum is evidenced based and is continually developed as a result of our research using a range of internal and external sources. These include universities, teaching alliances and professional organisations alongside our lesson studies and TRG's. Our approach to lesson design is based upon our strong knowledge of pedagogy and our understanding of our children’s needs. This is to ensure that each lesson maximises both learning and our core values of Care, Aspire, and Achieve.
We promote equality and diversity by providing our pupils with a range of opportunity to develop their understanding of Care, Aspire and Achieve. We provide our children with a range of opportunities to develop their understanding of diversity through our curriculum and during Aspire Opportunities such as Diversity Day, Explorer Day, School Linking Project and assemblies.